MSME-Technology Development Centre (formerly-CFTI)
The departmentally run Central Footwear Training Centres at Agra & Chennai have been converted into Autonomous Organisations, a Govt. of India Society under purview of Small Industries Development Organisation, Ministry of SSI & ARI w.e.f. 1.1.96 for better functional autonomy and have been renamed as Central Footwear Training Institutes. Both the Institutes at Agra & Chennai are modernised with UNDP assistance under National Leather Department Programme and fully equipped with state-of-the-art machinery to impart training in the modern methods of footwear manufacturing. The primary objective of the institutes is Human Resources Development in the field of footwear sector.
- Conducting two year Diploma Course in Footwear Design & Production Technology in Collaboration with Textile Institute, U.K.
- Conducting one year Footwear Design & Product Development course
- Conducting one year Advanced Footwear Technology course
- Conducting three months certificate course in Computer Aided Shoe Designing
- Conducting Short term industry need based courses.
- Technical Consultancy Services in the related field.
- Product Research & Development Services.
- Footwear Design & Pattern Cutting Services.
- Providing common facility Services.
To execute the functionsof the Institutes independently for achieving the objectives, CFTIs have been established as Govt. of India Societies. The management of the societies rests with the Governing Council which has been constituted by Govt. ofïIndia, Ministry of SSI & ARI. It has representatives from Ministry of SSI & ARI, State Govts. The industrialists of respective regions representing different spectrum of industries are also members of the Governing Council. The Director is the principal executive of each Society.
For any further details, please contact:
Shri S. N.Ganguly
Central Footwear Training Institute(CFTI)
Site C-41,42 Industrial Area
Agra - 282 007
Phone No.: 0562 - 2642005
Fax No.:0562 - 2642004